Our 1920s bungalow was lovingly restored in 2007 with a single-minded focus on sustainability. We used practicable, sustainable measures throughout the building process, and for our efforts The Greenspace won the Innovation Design: Building Design Award at the Waikato Sustainable Business Awards that same year.
Today, the building itself and our sustainable practices mean we can host events with minimal impact on the environment.
The Greenspace features:
- A 1.2kw solar photovoltaic system which generates power from solar panels covering 11.4 square meters of roof space.
- Insulation and maximum use of natural ventilation, with energy efficient lighting and appliances.
- Carefully-selected materials and services with sustainability in mind – from building and cleaning products to office consumables.
- Strategies and facilities to minimise and recycle organic and inorganic waste.
- Collection and use of rainwater for cisterns and gardens.
- Integration of organic food gardens and eco-sourced natives into landscaping.
- Furniture handcrafted from native timber salvaged during the building process.
The Greenspace was designed by and is managed by Groundwork Associates, a small consultancy business with sustainability in its values and purpose.
"We have a strong focus on sustainability and The Greenspace definitely encompasses this concept... I highly recommend this venue as a great space to hold your next meeting or conference."